Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Costumed 21-Mile Run and other Halloween Fun-ness! :0)

I hope everyone had a fun and eventful Halloween Monday!  The entire weekend was filled with fun Fall festivities for us!

It all began with Saturday morning and our costumed 21 Mile Run.  Yes, we ran 21 miles in costumes.  Crazy?  What runner isn’t crazy?

photo2

Before our run!

I was a Rockford Peach from my FAVORITE movie, A League of Their Own.

photo3

Amanda was a soccer player, Heather was Snow White, and I was a Rockford Peach.

photo

Our friend Jason dressed as a biker. We joked that he was Snow White’s “bad boy”!

photo6

Cute Jasmine!

photo5

Lots of candy was waiting on us after our run……

photo4

…..so were these awesome peanut butter apple treats!

photo7

I’m smiling here….but I definitely didn’t feel like smiling much during the run.

This run definitely was NOT my greatest run ever. A little TMI, (sorry guys) my unfriendly visitor decided to arrive on Friday which contributed a LOT to my awful run. The run itself was ok and we kept good time, but I felt like poo for most of it.

9

My newest bling! :0)

To read more about my 21 mile experience, check out my blog on Claim Your Journey: 21 Miles.

After finishing up the run, I came home, showered, dressed, and brought Madalynn to the Howl-O-Ween Costume contest at Petco. We have brought at least one dog each year since we got Pixie 5 years ago.  I hate to miss it!

maddie1 

Maddie does SO well in public. It really amazes me!  She is not hyper (like my Yorkie) and she behaves SO well!  We went to eat at McAlister’s after leaving Petco and we sat outside with her – it was so nice and I hope when we have kids, they behave as good as Madalynn does!  HAH!

Sunday morning, I woke up and got ready for costumed day #2!  I was asked to work Kids Church and found out that they were having an adult costume contest!  I decided to go as Kara Goucher, 2012 London Olympics Medalist!

8   10

Guess what? I won 1st place and a WalMart Gift Card!! :0) My competition included a race car driver, a lady dressed as “super mom”, and a construction worker! :0)

On costumed day #3 (Halloween Day), we dressed up for work.  I am a firm believer that laughter is the best medicine and there was SO much laughter in our cancer center on Monday!! Patients, co-workers, and even families had such a great day!!

DSCN1038

We had Snow White, a CHICKEN (he was HILARIOUS), a Ninja Turtle, and an Olympic Marathon Runner! 

Why did the chicken cross the road??

DSCN1047

Any ideas? Even he couldn’t figure it out, but I caught it on camera! :0)

5 comments:

  1. love the apple, pb, & marshmallow mouths...i assume that is what they are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love the Rockford Peach costume! "A League of Their Own" is one of my favorite movies, and I always thought it would be fun to dress up as Geena Davis' character.

    Great job knocking out those miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Rockford Peach costume is so cute! And such a clever idea for a costume you can still run in! You know what is even cuter?! Your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute costumes! the pb apple treats look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...